Hosted by MYAN, FUSE is Australia’s bi-annual national multicultural youth leadership summit.
FUSE is a unique and transformative opportunity for young Australians from refugee, migrant and asylum-seeking backgrounds to build and apply leadership and advocacy skills, expand their networks, and connect with peers from across Australia.
The main themes of FUSE 2021 are:
Over 2 days in both face to face and online formats, delegates will:
- Online and face to face events (pending COVID restrictions)
- Learn from a panel of experts with lived experience on all the FUSE 2021 themes
- Climate Change, Mental Health and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Rights & Racism
- Work with young people in your state/territory on a theme of your choice
- Develop a pitch to be shared with key decision makers on Day 2
- Join in fun social activities including a group dinner
- Face to face and online
- Connect and network both professionally and personally with young people and sector professionals across Australia
- Present your pitch with key decision makers based on workshops in Day 1
- Learn and get involved in work with MYAN
FUSE is designed to equip delegates with the skills, confidence, knowledge and networks to engage in creating changes in their local communities, and at the state and national levels. Post FUSE, delegates are supported to apply their skills and knowledge at the state and local levels through MYAN’s partners. Many have gone on to be leaders in their state/territory and have joined MYAN’s Youth Ambassador Network (YAN).
To be eligible to apply you must be:
- Young person (18-25)
- Currently living in Australia
- From a refugee or migrant background (This includes being born in Australia to parents from a refugee or migrant background.)
So what are you waiting for? Submit an application below!
Applications close at 9am, Monday 1 November 2021