National Youth Settlement Framework
The National Youth Settlement Framework is Australia’s first evidence-based guide for supporting good practice and measuring settlement outcomes for young people.
Developed by the MYAN through consultation with young people, government and the youth and settlement sectors, the Framework is designed to enable services to respond more effectively to the needs of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. It supports the provision of targeted support to ensure young people reach their potential to be active participants in and contributors to Australian society.
The NYSF is comprised of resources that provide conceptual and practical information to support those working with newly arrived young people.
- MYAN NYSF Young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds
- MYAN NYSF Applying the NYSF Good Practice Capabilities
- MYAN NYSF Good Practice Capabilities self-assessment tool
- MYAN NYSF Applying Active Citizenship Indicators to Practice
- MYAN NYSF Active Citizenship Indicators self-assessment tool
- MYAN NYSF Useful Resources
Training on the NYSF is delivered across Australia through our partners. Training has also been delivered to providers of the Youth Transitions Support (YTS) services, to the hYEPP (headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program) providers, and targeted workshops were held in QLD, NSW and VIC on using the NYSF Assessment Guides to apply the Framework in practice. MYAN also delivered 2-day training on the NYSF in Wellington, New Zealand, to the New Zealand Red Cross, to support their work in youth settlement
The training is targeted to staff and volunteers from government and non-government organisations who seek to strengthen their knowledge and practice supporting young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. It is suitable for those working in both direct service and policy or programming roles.
Training is delivered as interactive professional development and can be tailored to your needs. It explores:
- How practitioners and policy-makers can incorporate the Framework into their work, including using the Framework Assessment Tools
- Factors contributing to good settlement outcomes for young people
- Good practice in facilitating active citizenship
All participants receive copies of the Framework, including additional resources and tools. This training is linked to a range of competencies in the VET sector Training Packages for Community Services and Health.
Submission to the Senate Community Affairs Legislation Committee for the So...
Submission to the Select Committee on Strengthening Multiculturalism M...
FUSE 2019 Report MYAN hosted Australia’s third national multicul...
MYAN Report on Activities 2017-18 MYAN has released a report on its acti...
Welcome to MYAN's March eNews! In this month's edition we're delighted to s...